You‘ll learn through expanding your personal practice and your relationship with yoga. Sam and his associate teachers will help develop your skills to teach yoga with confidence.
- Yoga postures (asanas), yoga philosophy, the principals on which yoga is based, Patanjaliʼs yoga sutras and the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Pranayama/Meditation. Breathing techniques, its uses and benefits. Developing personal meditation, and learning to guide others.
- Anatomy and Physiology in its scientific form and what is relevant to our modern day life-styles. Plus energy systems – chakras, nadis, meridians and how to use Hatha yoga for better health.
- Yoga styles. You will learn some of the main styles of yoga, from various visiting teachers, although we will stay focused on Hatha Yoga.
- Teaching practice. By teaching yoga postures from the first day of your training. You will build up, over the course, your confidence and your own teaching style through observations, assisting in classes and Samʼs teaching guidance.
- Special Module. Teaching yoga to men. Postures, Physiology and understanding the need to use facts and statistics to teach men.
- Business How to run a yoga business, professional standards, insurance, simple book-keeping and managing your accounts. Simple and practical.
RYT 250 = 220 hours of school study, plus 30 hours of home assignments.
As a Trainer Plus accredited course, we are producing very high quality yoga teachers by focusing the course on teaching. This is an exclusive membership with Yoga Allaince Professionals as it adheres to very high standards and requirements. All students joining this course must have strong self practice ( 5/6 days a week ) and be willing to work very hard on the course
- At least 20% of this course is dedicated to TEACHING time.
- We offer trainees the opportunity for ongoing teaching practice by assisting in public classes
- The SYT, Sam Rao teaches a minimum of 70% of the course
- Students must have a minimum of 2 years consistant self-practice ( 5-6 days per week) before joining the course and must be proficient in all asanas to be used in the course
- There will be an assessment day to interview students and determine weather you are ready for the course
- We will be offering post-course mentoring and further training to our graduates