CERTIFICATION TO YA200hrs (Level 1) : The course covers 10 week-ends over a minimum of 10 months and a maximum of 18 months.
ROLLING ENROLMENT. Course is designed to allow students to join the training when they are ready.
What you will learn from this course:
- You will learn through expanding your personal practice and your relationship with yoga. Sam Rao and his teachers will undertake to develop your skills to teach yoga, with confidence and you will learn:
- Yoga postures (asanas), yoga philosophy, the principals on which yoga is based, Patanjaliʼs yoga sutras and the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Pranayama/Meditation. Breathing techniques, its uses and benefits. Developing personal meditation, and learning to guide others.
- Anatomy and Physiology in its scientific form and what is relevant to our modern day life-styles. Plus energy systems – chakras, nadis, meridians and how to use Hatha yoga for better health.
- Yoga styles. You will learn some of the main styles of yoga, from various visiting teachers, although we will stay focused on Hatha Yoga.
- Teaching practice. By teaching yoga postures from the first day of your training. You will build up, over the course, your confidence and your own teaching style through observations, assisting in classes and Samʼs teaching guidance.
- Special Module. Teaching yoga to men. Postures, Physiology and understanding the need to use facts and statistics to teach men.
- Business How to run a yoga business, professional standards, insurance, simple book-keeping and managing your accounts. Simple and practical.
200Hrs, plus 30 Hrs of home assignments.
£4,000 for YA200Hrs (Level 1) qualification.
Deposit : Payable at time of registration £500.
Balance : £350 per month.
Lunch and Tea included.
Week-end accommodation is NOT included.
Local B&B information will be provided.
Tuition fees includes:
- A book of 20 tickets to Sam Rao Yoga public & corporate yoga classes. These classes will count as practical assistance and training hours.
- You will be awarded a Yoga Alliance YA200Hrs (Level 1) Yoga Teacher Certificate, upon satisfactory completion of the course requirements, your YA registration/Card and 1 year membership fees paid.
- Final assessment will take place during the last and 10th week-end for YA200hrs.
- NOTE: Extra training and/or further assignments may be given, if so deemed by the assessors and Sam Rao. This is an ongoing training programme, new dates will be published.
- Delegate Course Manual.
- Book, Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar.
- Book, Patanjaliʼs sutras – Swami Satchidananda.
- Self development study of Napoleon Hill's book "Think & Grow Rich".
- Anatomy Coloring Book by Kapit & Elson.
Is this course for you?
This course is open to all dedicated yoga practitioners with a minimum of two years of experience, who wish to become yoga teachers or to immerse themselves in their own personal yoga practice.
Upon satisfactory completion of this course, (10 week-ends over 10 to 18 months) you will be awarded a YA200hrs certificate, and you will be eligible to register as a Yoga Teacher (RYT200) in the Yoga Allianceʼs National Yoga Teacher Registry. The school will register you and provide membership card with 1 year fees paid.
YA200Hrs will then enable you to move towards SYT ( Senior Yoga Teacher).
Sam Rao. YA SYT
Director and owner of:
Sam Rao Yoga Ltd
Sam Rao Yoga Teacher Training School.
Teaching yoga since 2001.
DOWNLOAD FLYER & ASSESSMENT FORM